Penguin Watch Talk

Can I register a class?

• Hpenner by Hpenner

On the homepage it says to register a class if you are a teacher......should I do that?

Also, when I do it- it will only let me mark ONE penguin, when there are many more to mark.......

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

Two issues, then.

For registering as a school, kindly post in this thread, where several other schools have posted. There's a letter with information there from Dr. Tom Hart.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve moderator

The second point sounds like a software issue. I'll ask one of the other Moderators to step in to help.
    @yshish ? @AvastMH ?

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator, translator in response to Hpenner's comment.

Hello @Hpenner

Sorry to hear about your troubles. May I ask you to try another browser or an incognito setting of your browser, and then let us know whether the problem disappear?

We'd also like to know what kind of device and what kind of OS/browser you are working on so the developers could try to reproduce the problem on their own.

Thanks a lot for reporting that, and once again, sorry for the troubles!

Cheers, Zuzi

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Hello I will help! Thank you gardenmaeve.

Hello Hpenner. Please could you let me know a few details about your computing system? Type of machine (desk computer/laptop/tablet/etc), program type (e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux etc) and the Browser that you are using. I know that we are currently trying to sort a problem with FireFox and that a change to another browser (I use Google Chrome) might sort things out. I will wait to hear from you.

Posted

• Hpenner by Hpenner

Thank you for all your help! My students will be using Dell laptops. I was going to do it on Chrome,. That is what I was using. I am also using a DELL laptop.

Posted

• Hpenner by Hpenner

I just tried it on internet Explorer and it is working. I think that I will be ok. I just wanted to make sure it was working with 30 students ready to work!
    Thanks!!!

Hilary

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator

Oh right - that's what I use most evenings too - a Dell laptop. 😃

So let's try to sort out what's wrong. You are signed in obviously. When you use the 'return to classifying' button above you should get this on the top right of a new classification picture:

enter image description here

When you say 'Yes' you should get this:

enter image description here

Now you should be able to use you mouse/pad etc to click on the penguins one by one, one click, move mouse, next click etc. If you see a chick or an egg or an 'other' you click on that word to change over the marker colour and the counting system. Does this happen please?

Posted

• AvastMH by AvastMH moderator in response to Hpenner's comment.

Hi Hilary - phew that's good news!! 😄

Posted